Veggie Pasta with Salmon
This pasta is delicious and creates a very balanced one dish meal. I recommend having everything fully prepped before cooking because it all cooks quickly and at the same time.
4 servings whole wheat pasta, uncooked
1 pound wild salmon, cut into 4 filets
1 broccoli crown, chopped into florets
1/2 bunch asparagus (15-18 spears), ends removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup Parmesan, shredded
1-2 teaspoons Herbes de Provence seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Arrange salmon filets on a greased baking sheet. Brush olive oil on top of filets then sprinkle with kosher salt.
3. In a large pot, Prepare boiling water for pasta as directed on the instructions.
4. Bake the salmon at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes depending on desired doneness.
5. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
6. In a saucepan, Melt the butter over low to medium heat. Add cream cheese and juice of the lemon. Stir until cream cheese dissolves.
7. Add broccoli to boiling pasta when 5-6 minutes of cook time remain.
8. Add heavy cream and parmesan to cream cheese mixture. Stirring consistently. Stir in Herbes de Provence seasoning.
9. Add asparagus to boiling pasta when about 2-3 minutes of cook time remain.
10. Drain pasta and veggies but do not rinse.
11. Remove skin from salmon and break up into bite size pieces.
12. Serve up pasta and veggies then top with salmon and sauce.
Makes 4 generous servings. Plenty for lunch the next day! Enjoy!