These are the epitome of holiday nostalgia for me! I have always loved sausage balls! They are quick and easy to make and make a great breakfast or snack during the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Depending on flavor desired you can use sage flavored or spicy sausage or a blend. I use less Bisquick than a lot of other recipes because I don't like the balls to be too "bready." If you like them more dense, add another cup or two of Bisquick.
2 pounds ground sausage, room temperature
2 pounds finely shredded sharp cheddar (fresh block cheddar gives the most flavor)
3 cups Bisquick
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Combine sausage and cheese in a large bowl. Mix together with your hands (like hamburger meat being made into burgers).
3. Gradually add in the Bisquick so it mixes well. Continue mixing until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
4. Roll out sausage mix into walnut/ golf ball sizes balls and lay out on a non stock cookie sheet.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top.
6. Serve immediately. You can store these in the fridge and simply pop in the microwave for a few seconds to warm up.