Reverse Shepherd's Pie
This dish is the ultimate in comfort food and is perfect for a cold or rainy evening to eat by the fire or curled up watching a movie.
1 pound hamburger
1/8 cup Worcester sauce
1 tsp black pepper
3 pounds baby red potatoes
5.2 ounce Boursin cheese, garlic and herb flavor
4 tbsp butter
6 ounces sour cream
1/2 cup milk, preferably whole
1/2 tbsp salt
1 12 ounce bag microwave green beans
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
Makes 6 servings (makes great leftovers)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Boil potatoes until soft to stab with a fork. About 25 minutes. Note: I leave the skins on but you can peel if desired.
3. Meanwhile, brown hamburger over medium heat. Add Worcester and pepper and stir well. Cook until all pink is gone. Set aside. Drain any excess grease.
4. Microwave green beans according to package directions. Set aside and strain on paper towels to reduce water.
5. Prepare countertop mixer or a large bowl if using a hand held mixer. Add Boursin, butter, sour cream, and salt to the bowl.
6. Once potatoes are soft to stab, drain but do not rinse. Add hot potatoes to the mixer bowl and blend on low to low/ medium speed. Add milk. Continue to blend until potatoes are a creamy texture.
7. In a greased casserole dish, add the potatoes then top with the hamburger and green beans then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
8. Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes. Tip: grease the foil cover as well.
9. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.