Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
I love everything peppermint at the holidays. Well, and chocolate anytime of the year. This creamy cheesecake has just the right mix of peppermint and chocolate to fill your holidays sweet craving!
4 Chocolate Graham Crackers (full sheets)
2 tbsp butter, melted
18 mini candy canes, crushed
12 Ghirardelli dark chocolate peppermint bark squares, crushed
4 8 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp peppermint extract
1 tsp red food coloring (optional)
1. Preheat over to 325 degrees
2. In a food processor, pulse the Oreos and graham crackers until fine.
3. Mix Oreo and graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
4. Press in bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
5. Bake for 10 minutes at 325. Remove from oven.
6. In an electric mixer, cream together the softened cream cheese and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time.
7. Slowly mix in peppermint extract and food coloring.
8. Spread the crushed candy canes over the cookie crust.
9. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the crust and candy canes then top with the crushed peppermint bark.
10. Pour remaining half of cream cheese mixture on top of the peppermint bark.
11. Bake for 55-60 minutes at 325 degrees.
12. Run knife around around rim of pan. Let cake cool then refrigerate at least 4 hours before slicing.