Who doesn't like Mac n Cheese? It is a side dish that makes the whole family happy! But, if you are like me, you don't want to feed your family something processed out of a box. This homemade recipe is quick and easy and it goes great with almost anything, from meatloaf to baked chicken. If you want to kick up the flavor a notch, substitute one of the cups of sharp cheddar for Monterey Jack Cheese. I used whole wheat and quinoa pasta and my boys couldn't even tell! Great way to pack in some fiber.
1 12 ounce package rotini or shells pasta
4 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
3/4 cup parmesan, shredded or shaved
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions and strain.
3. Mix pasta, cream cheese, heavy cream, and sharp cheddar thoroughly in large bowl.
4. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
5. Top with the parmesan.
6. Cover with boil and bake 30 minutes. Remove foil and allow to bake about 5 minutes more.