Crab & Asparagus in a Lemon Cream Sauce
A faint hint of lemon in this creamy pasta dish merges perfectly with the crab and asparagus and creates a fresh and bright pasta dish. Pairs well with a crisp white wine.
4 servings Rotini pasta (I use a whole wheat pasta for more fiber)
1 bunch asparagus, bottoms trimmed off and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan
1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
1 tsp salt
Tip: Start the pasta and the sauce at about the same time.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Add the asparagus to the boiling water for the last 2 minutes of cook time.
2. Drain pasta and asparagus and juice 1 lemon over and toss to coat.
3. Sauté garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for about two minutes in a deep frying pan or dutch oven.
4. Add the heavy cream and cream cheese and whisk consistently while the cream cheese melts. Once the cream cheese is fully melted, add the salt while stirring.
5. Add parmesan, juice of the second lemon, and crab meat. Stir consistently as the parmesan melts.
6. Add pasta and asparagus to sauce and stir well to coat. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.