Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
These festive and yummy cookies are super easy. They pack lots of holiday flavor and are quick and easy to make. This cookie recipe was from my grandmother and I simply added crushed candy canes on top before baking.
I cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
30 mini candy canes, crushed
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Crush candy canes in a flat bowl with a meat mallet.
3. Cream sugar, butter, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
4. Add eggs then stir in flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Dough will be thick and fairly stiff.
5. Break off small pieces of dough and roll into a ball, about half the size of a golf ball. Press the rolled dough into a flat circle on an ungreased cookie sheet. (You should get about a dozen on a standard cookie sheet)
6. Sprinkle the flattened dough balls with the crushed candy canes.
7. Bake 6-8 minutes. Let cool before removing from cookie sheet.