Apple Pie Tarts
This quick and easy recipe is the perfect way to get your fall apple pie fix and since it only makes 4 servings you won't be left feeling guilty about an entire pie to eat!
4 frozen tart shells (I used Dutch Ann)
1 Large Honeycrisp Apple
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
Shaker of Cinnamon Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Chop apple into small pieces. You can peel the apple first or leave the skin on, whatever your preference.
3. Melt butter over medium heat.
4. Add chopped apple to butter and stir to coat. Then add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir to coat well. Simmer apples for about 5 minutes, stirring consistently.
5. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
6. Spoon apple mixture into the tart shells. Generously sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Serve warm immediately with ice cream or refrigerate to set for a more firm tart.